Donald G. Marino
30 Empire Place
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Over five years of programming experience in GIS/RS production environments
- Proven ability to design, write and deliver software solutions
- Have delivered code in an extremely wide variety of languages and environments
- Known to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Capable UNIX/Linux systems administrator.
- Comfortable with DBA tasks and database design.
- Committed to testing throughout development lifecycle. Experience with various testing frameworks and methods.
- Comfortable in Windows, UNIX, GNU/Linux, and Mac OS X operating environments
Currently contracting to a variety of clients to provide software engineering and IT services.
1/2002 - 6/2005 Toolsmith/Technical Lead, Operational Tools Group, Data Systems, Digitalglobe, Inc. Longmont, Colorado
- Provided technical leadership to a team of agile developers
- Provided rapid-response engineering support for operational software issues
- Authored creative web, desktop, and workstation mapping solutions for Digitalglobe staff data and analysis needs using a variety of languages, APIs and platforms
- Authored custom Quickbird image viewer in ITT IDL
3/2001 - 12/2001 Image Technician II, Pixxures, Inc. Arvada, Colorado
- Assisted in all phases of Orthophoto production from initial scanning to final QC
- Authored automation tools to streamline production flows
- Helped train overseas co-production staff in proprietary Orthophoto production software and processees
6/2000 - 1/2001 Digital Mapping Analyst, Earthwatch, Inc. (now Digitalglobe) Longmont, Colorado
- Assisted in Orthophoto Mosaic production using SOCET Set, PCI OrthoEngine, ER Mapper, others
- Created MapBasic tools to automate and facilitate production analysis
- Gathered data and maintained GIS datasets for satellite geometric calibration efforts
5/1999 - 6/2000 Mapping Specialist, Senior Mapping Specialist, CB Richard Ellis Commercial Real Estate Denver, Colorado
- Created maps and cartographic data in support of high-volume real estate brokerage
- Authored custom Real Estate GIS tools in MapBasic for MapInfo
- Prepared reports and managed data for research department
1/1999 - 5/1999 GIS Assistant, Virginia Department of Forestry, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Created maps for public dissemination of forestry data using MapInfo and Arc/INFO 7
- Authored tools in MapBasic and AML to automate map production
- Primary maintainer of VDOF GIS database
B.S. History, Radford University, Radford, Virginia, 5/1999
"Donnie has an extraordinary ability to grasp new concepts and technologies in an amazingly short amount of time. If you couple this ability with his great work ethic, he is an ideal person to have working on any problem." - Todd Vollmer, former Development Manager at Digitalglobe
"Donnie's enthusiasm is infectious. While working with Donnie at DigitalGlobe I was often in awe of his ability to relentlessly pursue new technologies and quickly find and integrate their usefullness to the tasks at hand. He is an excellent role model for new IT professionals." - Bob Kanick, Software Development Manager at Digitalglobe.